Usefulness – The entire purpose of Farmbase, and everything we do, comes down to adding value by being useful. The many different users of Farmbase, from farmers to regional councils, to rural professionals, we must constantly ask ourselves – “is Farmbase useful?”.
Integrity and Impartiality – Trust in our site is founded on integrity and impartiality. Farmbase is built to provide a level playing field for the one-man band or the multi-national company which reinforces our principle of impartiality. We also provide the information farmers need to make informed decisions about who they choose to do work on farm. This information must be both cohesive and factual.
Professionalism – We recognise that only by having the upmost level of professionalism can we be a leading information sharing platform. To ensure trust in the information provided and the service providers listed, a high level of professionalism is expected not only from Farmbase in its actions and behaviours, but also from those who publish material to the site.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- You represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years of age or that you have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Farmbase reserves the right to review and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Amendments will be effective immediately and Farmbase has no obligation to notify you of such amendments. Your continued use of the website following any amendments shall be deemed to be your acceptance of those amendments. You should check the Terms and Conditions for amendments each time you visit the website.
- The services offered by Farmbase include the website and any other content, features or applications offered from time to time by Farmbase or any of the third party service providers (“Service Providers) in connection with the website and the provision of information in conjunction with the use of the Website (“the services”).
- Farmbase reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue the services in whole or in part and either temporarily or permanently, without notice.
- To access the search services you do not have to register, but we recommend that you do.
- You can become a member by completing the online registration on the website for free; or if you are a service provider by completing the online registration and then choosing the add on by paying the monthly membership subscription.
- You are solely responsible for all information contained in your profile including your passwords and other information you provide to Farmbase (“your personal information”), and for keeping your passwords and other registration information confidential.
- You agree to notify Farmbase as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of your personal information.
- You agree that you will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as required on the website and to maintain and promptly update your profile information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Farmbase accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of any untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete information being provided by you. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Farmbase has the right to suspend or terminate your account and all current or future use of the services by you; or if you are a service provider then all current and future provision of the services by you.
- You can cancel your Farmbase subscription at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Farmbase service through to the end of your billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership periods. To cancel, LOG IN and click on the ‘My Payment’ tab and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
- The website and its content (including without limitation the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website and the services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
- The Farmbase Recogniser is protected by copyright, trademark patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In using the Farmbase Recogniser you agree that you will do so solely for personal non-commercial use.
5. Limitation of Liability
- Farmbase will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages, or any loss of profit, income or any intangible losses, or any claims, costs, expenses, or damage, whether in contract, tort, (including negligence), equity or otherwise, incurred by you, any service provider or any third party through the use of the services or your reliance on information on this website or for any modification, suspension, interruption or discontinuance of the services for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to circumstances outside the control of Farmbase, including without limitation power outages, acts of god, fire, earthquake, strikes, lockouts, acts of war, epidemics, compliance with a law or governmental order or monetary or economic developments which prevent Farmbase from continuing to provide the services.
- Farmbase endeavours to ensure that the information on the website is current, accurate and complete but it does not guarantee this. Site users are solely responsible for their actions on the basis of content in, or content accessed through, the website. If you wish to rely upon or verify any content of the website please contact Farmbase.
- In using the website you accept any associated risk.
6. User indemnification of Farmbase
- You agree to indemnify and hold Farmbase and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Farmbase by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any content submitted, posted or transmitted through the services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Farmbase in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you create a link to any page on this website, you remain fully responsible for any consequences of that link, whether direct or indirect and you will indemnify Farmbase against all loss, damage, liability, costs or expense arising from or in connection with the link.
7. Content and Warranty Disclaimer
- Use of the website and the services is at your own risk. The website and the services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any kind of warranty, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Farmbase does not warrant that the use of its website and the services will be uninterrupted, available at any time or from a particular location, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the website is free of viruses or other potentially harmful components.
8. Third Parties
- This site may contain links to third party sites or applications. Access to any other Internet Site or application is at your own risk and Farmbase accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on such sites. Farmbase provides these links merely as a convenience and this does not imply an endorsement by Farmbase.
- Farmbase may terminate access to the website and the services at any time without notice, for any reason in its absolute discretion, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. Any disclaimer will nevertheless survive such termination.
- You acknowledge that if you are a service provider that in the event of termination in terms of Clause 8.1 Farmbase will be under no obligation to make a refund of your annual subscription.
10. Governing Law
- This website and its use are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Any matters or disputes connected with this website shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and the New Zealand courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all claims in connection with this website and its use.
11. Dispute Resolution
- If a dispute arises between you and Farmbase you should first attempt to resolve it by contacting Farmbase directly. Farmbase will attempt in good faith to resolve all claims within 30 days of receipt.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.